Established Contributor
Anderson

Keeping a good TL from aging off

[ Edited ]
We all want the baddies to disappear but what about the golden TLs on our CRs?

Can't have our cake & eat it too, can we?

I have a very good account, an auto loan for $20k, no lates, that will age off my report in a few months.

Due to it's age I guess it doesn't contribute much to my score (?), but I sure like seeing it on my CR.

So,  is there any way of keeping it alive?

Thanks-

Message Edited by Anderson on 07-21-2007 07:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Keeping a good TL from aging off

Anderson wrote:
We all want the baddies to disappear but what about the golden TLs on our CRs?

Can't have our cake & eat it too, can we?

I have a very good account, an auto loan for $20k, no lates, that will age off my report in a few months.

Due to it's age I guess it doesn't contribute much to my score (?), but I sure like seeing it on my CR.

So,  is there any way of keeping it alive?

Thanks-

Message Edited by Anderson on 07-21-2007 07:37 PM

Actually, any closed positive TL reporting helps your scores, just as open positive ones do. I can't think of anything you can do to prevent it from falling off though. Maybe you can ask the lender to keep reporting it but it would be a long shot!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Established Contributor
Anderson

Aha! a GW in reverse? Thoughts anyone?

fused111 wrote:

Actually, any closed positive TL reporting helps your scores, just as open positive ones do. I can't think of anything you can do to prevent it from falling off though. Maybe you can ask the lender to keep reporting it but it would be a long shot!

Moderator Emeritus
fused

Anderson wrote:
Aha! a GW in reverse? Thoughts anyone?

fused111 wrote:

Hmmm! Well it's a novel idea. I'll see if I can dig up something and get back with you.

Credit Profile -
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Established Contributor
FICO_Focused

Not much you can do here.. But if you have other TLs with similar Hx you shouldn't take a hit.

Rob
Established Contributor
Anderson

I've got other TLs with perfect histories, but not the age. When this drops off my average age will take a big hit.

Also- This is the only automobile loan on my CR. If I need to get an auto loan there will be no prior auto history on record (or is there a special report available to auto lenders that will continue to show this?).

Thx 

FICO_Focused wrote:
Not much you can do here.. But if you have other TLs with similar Hx you shouldn't take a hit.

Rob

Established Member
barderspond

Well, how's this for an absurd thought?:

Send them a small payment and see if they update the date of last activity.  I highly doubt it, but I'd be curiuos to see what they do.  OR the reverse GW letter might work, though I doubt it.

I'm betting they don't even had it in your system anymore.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

[ Edited ]

barderspond wrote:
Well, how's this for an absurd thought?:

Send them a small payment and see if they update the date of last activity.  I highly doubt it, but I'd be curiuos to see what they do.  OR the reverse GW letter might work, though I doubt it.

I'm betting they don't even had it in your system anymore.

Give em money, good idea!:smileytongue: Problem is, they will be labeled as a consumer prostitute like me!:smileytongue:

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-23-2007 12:13 PM
Credit Profile -

Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

fused111 wrote:

Give em money, good idea!:smileytongue: Problem is, they will be labeled as a consumer whore like me!:smileytongue:

Call it a Brittany (Spears). Ooops, I did it again. Musta been the word consumer that made me think of her.
Established Contributor
Anderson

I'm not going to comment on that  :smileysurprised:  , but yeah, maybe I'll just send them a check for $ 10.43 and see what happens.

Noah_Bodie wrote:

fused111 wrote:

Give em money, good idea!:smileytongue: Problem is, they will be labeled as a consumer whore like me!:smileytongue:

Call it a Brittany (Spears). Ooops, I did it again. Musta been the word consumer that made me think of her.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+