Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping a good TL from aging off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keeping a good TL from aging off

We all want the baddies to disappear but what about the golden TLs on our CRs?

Can't have our cake & eat it too, can we?

I have a very good account, an auto loan for $20k, no lates, that will age off my report in a few months.

Due to it's age I guess it doesn't contribute much to my score (?), but I sure like seeing it on my CR.

So,  is there any way of keeping it alive?

Thanks-

Message Edited by Anderson on 07-21-2007 07:37 PM
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Keeping a good TL from aging off

Anderson wrote:
We all want the baddies to disappear but what about the golden TLs on our CRs?

Can't have our cake & eat it too, can we?

I have a very good account, an auto loan for $20k, no lates, that will age off my report in a few months.

Due to it's age I guess it doesn't contribute much to my score (?), but I sure like seeing it on my CR.

So,  is there any way of keeping it alive?

Thanks-

Message Edited by Anderson on 07-21-2007 07:37 PM

Actually, any closed positive TL reporting helps your scores, just as open positive ones do. I can't think of anything you can do to prevent it from falling off though. Maybe you can ask the lender to keep reporting it but it would be a long shot!
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha! a GW in reverse? Thoughts anyone?

fused111 wrote:

Actually, any closed positive TL reporting helps your scores, just as open positive ones do. I can't think of anything you can do to prevent it from falling off though. Maybe you can ask the lender to keep reporting it but it would be a long shot!

Message 3 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Anderson wrote:
Aha! a GW in reverse? Thoughts anyone?

fused111 wrote:

Hmmm! Well it's a novel idea. I'll see if I can dig up something and get back with you.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not much you can do here.. But if you have other TLs with similar Hx you shouldn't take a hit.

Rob
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got other TLs with perfect histories, but not the age. When this drops off my average age will take a big hit.

Also- This is the only automobile loan on my CR. If I need to get an auto loan there will be no prior auto history on record (or is there a special report available to auto lenders that will continue to show this?).

Thx 

FICO_Focused wrote:
Not much you can do here.. But if you have other TLs with similar Hx you shouldn't take a hit.

Rob

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, how's this for an absurd thought?:

Send them a small payment and see if they update the date of last activity.  I highly doubt it, but I'd be curiuos to see what they do.  OR the reverse GW letter might work, though I doubt it.

I'm betting they don't even had it in your system anymore.
Message 7 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

barderspond wrote:
Well, how's this for an absurd thought?:

Send them a small payment and see if they update the date of last activity.  I highly doubt it, but I'd be curiuos to see what they do.  OR the reverse GW letter might work, though I doubt it.

I'm betting they don't even had it in your system anymore.

Give em money, good idea!Smiley Tongue Problem is, they will be labeled as a consumer prostitute like me!Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-23-2007 12:13 PM
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:

Give em money, good idea!Smiley Tongue Problem is, they will be labeled as a consumer whore like me!Smiley Tongue

Call it a Brittany (Spears). Ooops, I did it again. Musta been the word consumer that made me think of her.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not going to comment on that  Smiley Surprised  , but yeah, maybe I'll just send them a check for $ 10.43 and see what happens.

Noah_Bodie wrote:

fused111 wrote:

Give em money, good idea!Smiley Tongue Problem is, they will be labeled as a consumer whore like me!Smiley Tongue

Call it a Brittany (Spears). Ooops, I did it again. Musta been the word consumer that made me think of her.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.