cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroll Factual Data & other third party companies who provide tri-merge reports to lenders.

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Kroll Factual Data & other third party companies who provide tri-merge reports to lenders.

Can anyone explain why my clients get an update from MyFICO and then I pull a report and it hasn't been updated?
I was told by Factual Data that they pull directly from the bureaus.

Thanks

Retired Lender
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Kroll Factual Data & other third party companies who provide tri-merge reports to lenders.

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

Can anyone explain why my clients get an update from MyFICO and then I pull a report and it hasn't been updated?

I was told by Factual Data that they pull directly from the bureaus.

Thanks

What in the alerts, and what are you seeing on their reports?

I had an odd one today where I got a scorewatch alert on a status change on a closed account, but when I pulled the full EQ report, it hadn't changed. But EQ sent me an alert as well, so someone saw something change at some point.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Kroll Factual Data & other third party companies who provide tri-merge reports to lenders.

typically, my client calls and says they got a score bump from paying off credit cards.
i pull credit and the kroll report doesnt reflect the change. cc balance unchanged.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, if the Kroll report is pulling current EQ reports, I don't see how that would happen. FICO scores are generated from the full EQ reports, and if there isn't a balance change on the EQ report, the score won't change. And since SW doesn't alert for balance decreases, the score must have changed for that alert to be generated. And finally, SW alerts generally go out (when working properly) around 2 days after the triggering event.

Is this something that has just started happening in the last few days or so? There was a nightmarish period last month where no alerts went out, and when they finally fixed things, backlogged alerts were issued. But I think (?) that they had the dates of when they were supposed to be issued, so supposedly you would know if it was a current alert or just one that finally shook loose.

Have any of your clients bit the bullet and paid for an updated score report when they get one of the alerts? There's bound to be somebody in that group who can't control their curiosity! Smiley Wink One maddening thing about EQ, including the full reports, is that it displays the date that an account updated as MM/YYYY, instead of MM/DD/YYYY like the other two. So the detective work does get tough.

I know this wouldn't really apply to your situation, but this sort of thing is why I have TrueCredit for my own use. The scores and advice are garbage IMO, but I can tell when things have updated. Since Experian almost always updates within 24 hours of getting info from creditors, it's my bellwether credit bureau!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i believe that some have pulled reports.
this has been a recurring problem for a long time.... i usually wait a couple of weeks and pull a new report and we are ok.
i just wondered if anyone had this happen.

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It sounds to me like the Kroll report is somehow accessing older reports. Maybe they have a subscription service that sends them once a week or something, and that's what they're forwarding to you?

But since it takes a good two days for someone to get a ScoreWatch alert (whether they subscribe through myFICO or through Equifax), I don't see how on earth the old info would display on a newly-pulled report.
Message 6 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

kroll said that they pull direct from bureaus.... but i am sure that the receptionist i am talking to doesnt know what happens on the back end.
i always assumed kroll had their own database and they synch'd up a couple of times per month. but i cannot verify this.
i have some credit expert friends who say that this is so.... just looking for a way around it. LOL without paying for their stupid rapid rescores.

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, here's a possibility that could be sort of nightmarish, but if your clients are convinced that the new balances have posted, I suppose they could sign up for a free month's trial of TrueCredit, pull their 3-in-1 reports, and if the balances show as updated, you'd know if it would be worth pulling the real things or doing the rapid rescore.

I suppose you see this yourself, but many of us on the boards who use TC and similar services find that EX posts new balances the day after each CCC submits the info, then EQ about 3 days after EX, then TU Lord knows when --maybe a week after EX first shows, maybe more. Others, I think maybe those in the Midwest, see TU go first. Anyway, for 50 cents a day, TC is a bargain, in my eyes.

Anyway, once something shows up on EX, then I know that the creditors have updated, and it's just a matter of time before it hits the other reports.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.