Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroll Factual Data showing my score as '0'

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kroll Factual Data showing my score as '0'

My wife and I applied to pre-qualify for a mortgage with Chase.

Much to our surprise our request was denied.

Upon further research I found out that Chase gets their credit score from

a company called 'Kroll Factual Data' and that my score was '0'.

Which is strange because I had credit cards for decades (and I do now)

and the credit score I get from other agencies such 'Experian' comes back 

at over 730 (aka pretty good).

I contacted Kroll Factual Data and first they claimed they could not find me

by the personal information that I provided at all.
Later their 'dispute department' claimed that they could actually find my information - but that I did

in fact have a credit score of 0 because the data showed that I always paid back my credit cards at the end of the month.

I know the financial industry is a bit of a strange place but I was under the impression that paying back your credit cards on

time was not exactly a bad thing.

Plus the whole thing does still not explain that my credit score is a measly 0.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Kroll Factual Data showing my score as '0'

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife and I applied to pre-qualify for a mortgage with Chase.

Much to our surprise our request was denied.

Upon further research I found out that Chase gets their credit score from

a company called 'Kroll Factual Data' and that my score was '0'.

Which is strange because I had credit cards for decades (and I do now)

and the credit score I get from other agencies such 'Experian' comes back 

at over 730 (aka pretty good).

I contacted Kroll Factual Data and first they claimed they could not find me

by the personal information that I provided at all.
Later their 'dispute department' claimed that they could actually find my information - but that I did

in fact have a credit score of 0 because the data showed that I always paid back my credit cards at the end of the month.

I know the financial industry is a bit of a strange place but I was under the impression that paying back your credit cards on

time was not exactly a bad thing.

Plus the whole thing does still not explain that my credit score is a measly 0.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Pull all three of your reports from annualcreditreport.com and print them.  Go over them with a fine tooth comb.

Pull all three of your reports from MyFICO and print them.  Go over them with a fine tooth comb.

This may appear to be redundant, but you want to compare your reports from 2 reliable sources.  You'll also get your 3 scores from MyFICO. 

Presuming that you have scores that are in that 730s range, recontact Kroll Factual Data (someone at a management level) to see about how you would dispute their information.  Advise them of what you have done above, the pulling and printing of reports.  If you have Facebook or Twitter accounts, check their pages on either/both and make an issue of it on social media.  If you have any of the credit cards that offer free credit scores, check those as well.  There's plenty of ammo that you can get and use in trying to resolve this with Kroll.  They are not infallible, they are an aggregate reporter of credit bureau info. 

Edited to add:  Do a search here on "Kroll Factual Data" and you'll come up with a variety of prior threads that gives more info as to who they are and what they do.  Your score is not actually from them.  They do what is called a "Tri-Merge" report, pulling from the 3 major CB (EQ/EX/TU) and simply reporting in a merged format the contents of these three reports. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. this is why it is actually strange that my credit score is a flat '0'.

all my credit reports from all the three agencies that you mentioned are excellent.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobody has a credit score of zero, and paying your bill every month wouldn't make more than a few points difference in your score. The are full of BS.
Message 4 of 5
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Getting beyond Kroll, have you had a talk with your Chase mortgage broker on a one on one level? He/She would know that no one has a credit score of zero and that this is an issue with Kroll and if they had any experience would know a work around. I would set up a face to face with a Chase mortgage broker and bring your credit reports as well as your print out score from myFico - while they wouldn't use that score myFico is respected and this would show something is not right.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.