Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO pulled my credit for mortgage scores drastically different

tag
AVeryHappyDad
Valued Member

LO pulled my credit for mortgage scores drastically different

Can someone explain what additional factors go into the mortgage factoring, especially with Experian.  My number for Experian was tremendously higher than I expected, and my TU score was 19 points lower than what I get here.  EQ was pretty consistent.

Thanks in advance.

AMEX Platinum NPSL, NFCU Flagship 25K, NFCU Navchek 15K, Amex Everyday 5K, Chase Freedom 5K, Citi AAdvantage World MC 5K, Barclays USAir 5K, USAA Amex 1K, Cap1 QS 300
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LO pulled my credit for mortgage scores drastically different

It's difficult to comment on Experian (EX) because EX blocked consumer access to FICO scores a while back, thoug hlenders will still get them for you like in your case. When we could pull our EX FICO on here, IME, EX weighed baddies a whole lot more than TU or EQ. EQ seemed to ding more for higher revolving util, and seemed to ding more for newer accounts. TU also dinged for baddies but tended to forgive higher CC util.

The TU difference in score from here vs. your lender has to do with the FICO version used. The TU FICO on here is an older version. While it's still used by some lenders, most use a newer version. 19 points is within the norm in comparison as reported by others.

Message 2 of 4
AVeryHappyDad
Valued Member

Thank you very much for the courtesy and explanation.

AMEX Platinum NPSL, NFCU Flagship 25K, NFCU Navchek 15K, Amex Everyday 5K, Chase Freedom 5K, Citi AAdvantage World MC 5K, Barclays USAir 5K, USAA Amex 1K, Cap1 QS 300
Message 3 of 4
AVeryHappyDad
Valued Member

That is what I seemed to have read, and that is why it shocked me when my Experian score was at least 60 point higher than both TU and EQ, with some paid baddies still showing, and one still listing as unpaid, although paid.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.