Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Differences in FICO Scores Between CRAs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Large Differences in FICO Scores Between CRAs

I have a 55 point difference between my hightest and my lowest FICO.  EQ which is my lowest has one more account on it than the other two.  For some reason my Perkins loan I got in college only reports to EQ. 
Message 11 of 28
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

My biggest spread was 178 points.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 28
Blackmarble18

SO I was really hoping to see this situation play out and get a definitive answer. I have a similar issue. I have my transunion and equifax report from fico there is a 30pts spread between the two but my situation is a lil different from the op. All the accounts are the same looking at general info but when you look at detailed info they vary.

My transunion is a 680 it has 14 accounts and there are 4 account that are showing discrepancy I have 2 sallie mae loans have negative indicators and two are positive they each have some payment history data, they each report as student loans and have separate account numbers.

My equifax is a 650 has 14 accounts 4 accounts that are showing discrepancies. I have 2 sallie mae loans with neg indicators and two are positive. all the balance information matches the transunion account. Here is where the info changes.  All the accounts are missing payment data in addition the accounts don't report as student loans they report as installment loans and the industry is reported as miscellaneous instead of "bank" which is how it reports on transunion.  the other difference is the transunion accounts current status say  "Paid or paying as agreed" for all 4 accounts the equifax current status says "Pays account as agreed" 

Ok so I know that there are some big difference on how this reports my question is can I get equifax to report these account the way transunion does so the score match more closely??

Starting Score: (Fico) EX 537 (Fico) TU 537 (Fico) EQ 548 6/19/11
Current Score: (Fico) Ex 719 (Fico) TU 680 (Fico) EQ 720
Goal Score: EX 800 EQ 750

Message 13 of 28
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

My scores in my siggy are current as they can be. I found that I have a defaulted student loan that is on EQ and EX, but not reporting to TU. There is a slight difference between balance reporting on the student loans, but not by much. Everything else is identical, and there is only that small point difference b/w myfico TU and EQ. my EX FAKO is well, a FAKO. Smiley Tongue

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 14 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Your CRs could be identical across all 3 CRAs and all 3 scores would be different.  There are 3 different versions of FICO used across all three plus the way they are scored for each one.

Message 15 of 28
Blackmarble18

right but I actually do have the same info on both report but its reported differently. So is there a way to have equifax report the information correctly the way transunion does?

Message 16 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The things that are reporting differently would have no impact on your score, they mean the same thing.

Message 17 of 28
Blackmarble18

Oh ok I thought for sure one  bureau showing account data vs the other not showing it would make a difference. Thanks 

Message 18 of 28
Jstic
Valued Member

You should double check to see if TU is treating the HELOC as revolving or not. I had a very smilar discrepancy with my scores, and the ONLY difference between the 3 CRA's was that TU was treating my HELOC as revolving credit, while EX and EQ treated it as a real estate loan, which is what it is. I have a whole thread about this somewhere on this board. When I paid off the HELOC, my scores were all within 10 points of each other, 775-785.

Message 19 of 28
Blackmarble18

Im sorry is your response to my question? I don't have a HELOC. My post is in reference to the student loans I have, but it sounds like you had a similar issue as me. The student loans are reporting differently, one says installment loan and has no payment data and the other says student loan and has payment data, I thought student loans were calculated differently than normal installment loans and figured that might be part of the problem with the score difference .

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.