Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large difference in FICO score between bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Large difference in FICO score between bureaus

Is it possible that a new unsecured personal loan could cause a nearly 50 point FICO drop, but only for TU? EX and EQ didn't budge much. The loan was quickly paid off (needed temporary cash flow to cover a tax balance), but I'm struggling to understand why that might have caused such a large drop at just on bureau.

My current theory is that when TU early deleted an unrelated negative item, causing my score to gain about 50 points, maybe they put me in a different "bucket" where new debt would have more FICO score impact. EX and EQ still have the negative for a few more months (it's about 6 years 9 months old currently), so maybe seeing the loan didn't affect me there as much?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Large difference in FICO score between bureaus

What was your negative item? a single late payment on something with a whole bunch of history can cause that. I would vote for losing a bunch of History to have no negative marks because that's what new lenders look at.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The negative was a paid for less than full balance, which was deleted.
Message 3 of 7
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

or maybe the inquiry only posted to those agencies and not the other.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I confirmed that all 3 CRAs have the inquiries and loan listed. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke to SoFi who finally confirmed (after talking to countless customer service folks) and 3 higher level people, that they report it as a consumer finance loan, i.e. the subprime type. They said they would not do any kind of GW exclusion/delete even though it was supposed to be reported as a regular installment loan. So, maybe that's nuking my score. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the negative item that TU removed, your only baddie?  I have a 70 point difference between TU and EX/EQ.  TU removed the only collection I have and my scores jumped 60 points.  I couldn't get it removed from the other 2.  Since it is the only negative item on my report, it has the biggest impact.  I will be celebrating in May when it comes off the other 2!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.