cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last CA deleted from EQ and score now up to 724!!

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Last CA deleted from EQ and score now up to 724!!

I recently had my last CA deleted from EQ.  As usual SW was not showing an increase so I finally purchased a new score since I figured this had to be good for at least a couple points.  A "couple points" would be an understatement--I jumped from 668 to 724, which is 43 points higher than I have ever been in the past 1-2 years!  When I first started my repair process a little over a year ago, my scores were in the low 500's and, not too long before that, they were in 400's. The best news is that I also recently PIF'd two of my CC's and the new $0 balances are not even reflected yet in this 724 score!

The interesting thing is that this last deletion now leaves 1 CA on TU and EX.  This same CA is also still on EQ, but it is reporting as a 120+ day late paid credit account (not sure how a PAID account with $0 balance can be 120+ days late).  This misreporting is apparently giving me a HUGE benefit since this makes my EQ appear to have 0 collections. I did not get much of a score boost at all on TU when this CA was deleted since there is still one more still showing on there.  And, of course, there is EX--no idea what the score did of course Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Last CA deleted from EQ and score now up to 724!!

Congratulations on that!! I hope to be where you are before too long. Posts like your give me hope and a smile!
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!!

How old was the DOFD if you don't mind me asking?
Message 3 of 5
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

DOFD was late 2003.
Message 4 of 5
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

FWIW--I just got my monthly updated reports from TC.  My EQ score went DOWN from 613 to 609 with no changes from last month other than removal of this CA and a reduction in UTL.

Gotta love those FAKO's--only 115 points away from reality!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.