Established Contributor
valley_man0505

Last CA deleted from EQ and score now up to 724!!

I recently had my last CA deleted from EQ.  As usual SW was not showing an increase so I finally purchased a new score since I figured this had to be good for at least a couple points.  A "couple points" would be an understatement--I jumped from 668 to 724, which is 43 points higher than I have ever been in the past 1-2 years!  When I first started my repair process a little over a year ago, my scores were in the low 500's and, not too long before that, they were in 400's. The best news is that I also recently PIF'd two of my CC's and the new $0 balances are not even reflected yet in this 724 score!

The interesting thing is that this last deletion now leaves 1 CA on TU and EX.  This same CA is also still on EQ, but it is reporting as a 120+ day late paid credit account (not sure how a PAID account with $0 balance can be 120+ days late).  This misreporting is apparently giving me a HUGE benefit since this makes my EQ appear to have 0 collections. I did not get much of a score boost at all on TU when this CA was deleted since there is still one more still showing on there.  And, of course, there is EX--no idea what the score did of course :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
brownee

Re: Last CA deleted from EQ and score now up to 724!!

Congratulations on that!! I hope to be where you are before too long. Posts like your give me hope and a smile!
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Congrats!!!!

How old was the DOFD if you don't mind me asking?
Established Contributor
valley_man0505

DOFD was late 2003.
Established Contributor
valley_man0505

FWIW--I just got my monthly updated reports from TC.  My EQ score went DOWN from 613 to 609 with no changes from last month other than removal of this CA and a reduction in UTL.

Gotta love those FAKO's--only 115 points away from reality!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}