Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment removed from report

tag
mamaoftwins
New Contributor

Late payment removed from report

The only credit card blemishes I have are from an old BOA card that was closed in Oct 2007.

June 2007: 90 days late

July 2007: 30 days late

7 years is coming up in a few months and I am wondering when they will be gone from my report. Will it be June/July or does it take a month, so I can expect July/Aug? Or does it take a few more months after the 7 year period for them to be removed?

I want to start applying for a couple more cards, as I only have 1 MC right now. I wanted to lower my utilization on that card (and see how my score increases from 647) and then apply for 2 more, but should I wait until these blemishes are off? If I can get above a 680 that will qualify me for better cards right?

2/12/2014: EQ: 700, EX: 716, TU: 722

NFCU CashRewards $25k | NFCU Navcheck $15k | Home Depot $15k | CSP $12k | Freedom $9k | Sallie Mae $4.5k | Amex BCE $2k | 1FBUSA $1.8k |

Gardening until 2016-2017
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Late payment removed from report

Not later than the end of the month they occured in.  Though sometimes the CRAs will remove them early so as not to go beyond the required reporting period.

The 30 day late is not really impacting your score.  They generally stop after 2 years

The 90 days is considered a major derogatory and will impact your score for the entire 7 years.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.