Rusdude

Lates removed from EX/TU but not from EQ. Dispute/Wait?

Hello!

I apologize if it was covered somewhere else, but I spent a few days reading this forum and couldn't find answer to my question.

I am working on improving my credit score so about 5 weeks ago I disputed alleged late payments (four, all 30-day variety) with Experian through their web site. I visited the site periodically and would see the number of "bad" accounts drop from 3 (two lates were with same CCC)->2->1->0. Finally, on Sept. 11 I got the notice from EX that the investigation was complete and they cleared my payment history.

To see what my FICO scores look like, I got the SO kit (w/ 20% discount, of course!) and this is what my scores look like on Sept. 16:

EX - 673 (no lates)
TU - 654 (1 late remained on the account which had 2 late payments)
EQ - 635 (all 4 lates remained)

Question: Should I wait some time for TU and, especially, EQ to get updated information? Or should I just dispute right now? I am probably going to ask TU/EQ to correct some other info, so I am thinking that I might as well dispute the lates.

Any advice?

P.S. FYI, my scores are primarily affected by high utilization (family circumstances), age of history (nothing I can do, lol), and the late payments I mentioned.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Lates removed from EX/TU but not from EQ. Dispute/Wait?

If EX removed the I am sure that EQ and TU will.

I almost always run disputes at the same time.

A dispute to one CRA does not automatically start a dispute with the other 2.

Sometimes a creditor will update all 3.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+