cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Least Damaging: 0 Accounts Report Balance or 2 Accounts Report Balance?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Least Damaging: 0 Accounts Report Balance or 2 Accounts Report Balance?

@EW800 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Any one of the above four situations/occurences needs to allow a couple of months (cycles of that card reporting again) for the scores to stabilize, because getting to each situation is a form of shock to the calculation, that may not be fully recalculated the same day.

Thanks everyone for the comments and thoughts.  

To confirm, it sounds like I likely will not get all the pooints back as soon as one account reports again, correct?  It may take a couple or few months for my profile/scores to stabalize once again?  

I think I learned my lesson.  I will have two accounts report a balance before I ever allow zero accounts to report a balance.  

Hope to recover from this score-wise ASAP!  

Thanks again to everyone!  

Could be a bit but at least in my experience for recently used accounts I never saw a delay when I had a balance increase / decrease, and haven't heard of one from the all $0's penalty.  Wait for a balance to report and see, I wouldn't stress over it though this is a simple one to fix.

        
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.