Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender pull 50 points higher than FICO score

tag
bigB12
Established Member

Lender pull 50 points higher than FICO score

I had my scores pulled to get approved for a mortgage.  MyFICO says my equifax score was 632, but when I lender pulled it the same day, he pulled a 682! It was the Beacon 5.0 model.  What gives?  Why such a big gap?  I'm not complaining, but I pay monthly for MyFICO and just want to be sure I understand what the difference was.  Nothing has changed on my reports in the past two weeks and I checked here before having my lender pull.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Lender pull 50 points higher than FICO score

Lender - EQ 04

MyFico - EQ 08

Differences explained here:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/fico8.aspx

Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bigB12 wrote:

I had my scores pulled to get approved for a mortgage.  MyFICO says my equifax score was 632, but when I lender pulled it the same day, he pulled a 682! It was the Beacon 5.0 model.  What gives?  Why such a big gap?  I'm not complaining, but I pay monthly for MyFICO and just want to be sure I understand what the difference was.  Nothing has changed on my reports in the past two weeks and I checked here before having my lender pull.  Thanks in advance.

Do you have revolving accounts?

To date that's been the only substantial score difference such as you describe between Beacon 9.0 and 5.0: namely to the tune of 50 points lower on the FICO 8 score if there aren't any revolving accounts.

user5387 is correct in stating it's not the same algorithm, congrats on the 682 score pull though!

        
Message 3 of 4
bigB12
Established Member

Thanks for the explaination guys!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.