Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender score way higher?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lender score way higher?

I recently applied for an apartment and was prepared to receive a lukewarm response based on my score, which on myFico is in the 660s.  But I was told by the realtor that the score came back in the high 720s.  It was a pleasant result, but confusing just the same.  I just got an updated myFico score to see if anything had changed with it -- nothing had, still in the 660s for equifax and 680s for tu.

I'm of course aware that most times the disparity in consumer and lender reports is a negative one -- i.e., the actual score is lower.  In my instance it seemed to happen in the inverse direction.  Can anyone offer any clues, thoughts to what might be at play?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lender score way higher?

It's always possible that the property manager uses a non-FICO score. There are some rental-based scores out there. Seems like Experian runs a popular one, and is based on your rental history which really doesn't report to your reports.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.