Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending club declination credit score?

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

Lending club declination credit score?

Couldn't find anything about this on the forums. I might have found a "back door"(?) to get my Transunion (my worst) credit score from Lending Club, but I'm not sure if it's a FICO or a FAKO (which I can get from my USAA) ... My TU still has an outstanding collection that is days from falling off, and I remember when attempting a loan a while ago, lendingclub.com pulls a credit score and tells you what it is immedilatey if you are denied. On their site they mention several times that it's a soft pull until you actually close on the loan (verified as I do not have any lendingclub HPs on my report). So the results page shows this:

1. Your credit score: 608
  2. Date of Credit Report Pull: Thursday, Jul 12, 2012
  3. Scores range from 300 to 850
  4. Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:
  1. Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filed
  2. Too few accounts currently paid as agreed
  3. Number of accounts with delinquency
  4. Lack of recent installment loan information

that range looks to be FICO and I thought I saw someone else once say it was TU98 but can't find the post.. can anyone confirm if this is FICO or FAKO? My walmart was below this prior to one of my other collections falling off, so this would coincide with a raise in score if it is..... 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lending club declination credit score?

It's a TU FICO....same TU98 version as on here.

Message 2 of 5
J2W
Established Member

I wondered the same thing regarding the TU fico...also apped w lending club, and score showed 667 ...my fico TU 689. denial also due to cc chsrged off but has 73 dollar balance

Message 3 of 5
tuckandroll
Valued Member

Something isn't right with the scores for me. My fico TU is 692 but lending site it's showing 622. Huh?
- 6/2012 - FICOs EX 550 TU 580
- Lots of work.....
- 9/20/12 - FICO EX 646 TU 692
- Dec 12 - Home purchase - Dec 14 Auto Purchase
- 6/10/13 - FICO EX 672 TU 690
- 1/22/15 FICO EQ 697 TU 732
It CAN happen to you!
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you apply for credit and are denied, if the denial was based in whole or in part upon a credit report they pulled, the creditor is required to provide the consumer with the name of the CRA from which they received the credit report, and advise the consumer of their right to send a copy of the denial letter to the CRA within 60 days to receive a free copy of their credit report from that CRA,  FCRA 615.  The creditor is not required to provide a copy of the pulled CR to the consumer.  That provision extends only to credit reports, not credit scores.  Their advisement of a credit score is optional, with no requirement to identity the provider of the score. 

The requirement to disclose the source of a score only applies to credit reports that you order from the CRA

Under FCRA 609(f), the CRA is required to identity the source of the scoring model used, but not the specific details of the model. 

If the source was their own model, which is the normal case, they must additioally provide the range of possible scores under their model, and the key factors that affected the score. 

However, if the score they provide was developed by a third party, such as FICO, they need only provide the name and contact for the source, and need not provide any additional information, such as the range of scores or adverse factors.  FCRA 609(f)(5). You need to independtly contact that third party for that information.

In the posted situation, the creditor provided more than was required under the statute. To request more than already provided, such as TU98, is beyond that.

I see no reason for the creditor not to informally provide you that info if they know the name of the model, but they have no requirement to do so.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.