Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of Credit history TU and EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Length of Credit history TU and EQ

My length of credit history is 11 year and 8 months

TU says its a positve and EQ list it as negative?

Why would they both report different if the age is the same?

Thanks for your help. This forum has really helped me alot.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Length of Credit history TU and EQ

Are both the TU and EQ a/cs identical?

Is the age you are stating the oldest age or the AAoA?

If its the AAoA, whats the oldest a/c age on TU and on EQ?

Message 2 of 9
rom828
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My length of credit history is 11 year and 8 months

TU says its a positve and EQ list it as negative?

Why would they both report different if the age is the same?

Thanks for your help. This forum has really helped me alot.

I don't have an answer but I have a similar situation!

FICO TU shows my ulitization of 23% as a negative hurting my score, while FICO EQ shows the same utilization on the positive side as helping my score.

I often see this with my reports...the same 'item' can be a positive for one yet a negative for another.

Hope someone can chime in with clarification!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are both the TU and EQ a/cs identical?

Not sure what a/cs is

Is the age you are stating the oldest age or the AAoA?

oldest account on both

If its the AAoA, whats the oldest a/c age on TU and on EQ?

Average age is 6 years on both

Just very confusing!

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

My answer is simple.  I would ignore the stupid comments that accompany your report, and focus only on the know data in your report.  An 11-year AAoA is never negative.
Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Perhaps, except that the negative comments on a FICO score report are the negative comments (industry codes) that go with the full reports that lenders get. Smiley Happy Same order and everything. You get fewer and fewer as your FICO scores rise, so there are probably some negatives that you won't see as your scores get better.

The positive comments are probably little more than warm fuzzies, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
rom828
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Perhaps, except that the negative comments on a FICO score report are the negative comments (industry codes) that go with the full reports that lenders get. Smiley Happy Same order and everything. You get fewer and fewer as your FICO scores rise, so there are probably some negatives that you won't see as your scores get better.

The positive comments are probably little more than warm fuzzies, though.

hauling, now I'm really concerned!  From other posts on the subject,I have often discounted the comments as they often seem contradictory.  I didnt realize these comments (codes) were actually seen by a lender...I thought they just saw the info as listed.

My concern is that for some reason my EQ  FICO has changed the 'count' of my inquries.  I started re-fi in January and had 1-19 and 2-19 inqs on EQ.   We closed on 3-19.  On 4-2 Citimtg did a hard inq on all 3 reports and notified me by letter shortly thereafter they had purchased the loan.

My 4-16 EQ FICO showed me with 2 inqs...counting 2 car loan inqs  and 3 (as shown above) mtg loan inqs as 2 inqs. "Not seeking credit" was a positive.

My 5-4 report, however, now shows "seeking credit" as a negative and is counting me with 3 inqs.

I've been under the impression that inqs for the same type of loan within a certain period of time counted as 1 inq.  I was distressed when I saw Citi had put hard inqs on all 3 reports because I thought it could be a negative since it was over 60 days from the first inq,  and I even called and wrote them, but was advised I gave that authorization in the closing papers.   I assumed the loan would be sold, but when  the original mortgage  was also sold shortly after closing, no inqs were added to my file, so I didnt expect hard inqs.

TU FICO on 4-16 counted the 2 mtg inqs --they showed the 1-19 and 4-2 inqs....as 1 inq and 'not seeking credit' as a positive. (total of 5 inqs w/mtg counted as 1).  On my 5-4 report they're still counting them together, but are now showing me with "seeking credit" as a negative, and nothing else changed.

I assume from what you're saying about codes, if I make application for credit, lenders would think that I have 'too many inqs" .

This is really upsetting as I was considering some apps in the near future as mentioned in other posts, just to have trade lines in place in event of CLDs, etc.  

I didnt realize these comments carried so much weight...though I was upset to see that when the 'counting' of the inqs was increased I lost 3-4 points per report, but I'm assuming there's no way to change how they're counted.

Any advices?!?!

Message Edited by rom828 on 05-13-2009 08:43 AM
Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Didn't mean to upset you! Smiley Surprised

There's all sorts of things that they see on our reports, but these comments are directed to what is influencing our scores. If a lender denies you because they don't like your score, they might cite these. But most lenders with any sense at all look at a lot more than your scores, and the industry codes aren't going to make them change their minds and deny you if they otherwise like you. I suppose the industry codes are there for lenders for the same reason that the negative comments are there for us: they help explain what resulted in the score. It's like trying to distinguish one 690 score from a different 690 score. Even though the scores are the same, the causes for them are probably very, very different, and the comments/ codes explain the factors involved.

Now as for the "possible reasons" that come along with a Score Watch alert, those things make fortune cookies look clairvoyant. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 9
rom828
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Now as for the "possible reasons" that come along with a Score Watch alert, those things make fortune cookies look clairvoyant. Smiley Tongue

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Ain't it the truth!! 

But  I'm still baffled as to why the very same inqs are counted  as a certain total number on one report and two weeks later, same inqs are now counted differently.Smiley Indifferent

The 'direct' reports from the CRAs clearly show the 3 mortgage inqs as mtg inqs, but I guess they could have reported them differently last time for some unexplained reason.  FICO doesn't "interpret" inqs, correct??

I'm trying not to go crazy over what is probably not that big of a deal.  These inqs are  just as apt to revert to the original count on the next report.  Who knows???.................only the (FICO) shadow knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.