cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less obvious reason for a VS 3.0 +16?

tag
JLK93
Established Contributor

Re: Less obvious reason for a VS 3.0 +16?

@Anonymous wrote:

@JLK93 wrote:

I don't think that is correct. Credit Karma only looks at open accounts. VS is the score provided by CK, but it does not use AAoOA like CK does. Your VS AAoA should be the same as your FICO AAoA. There is no correlation between Credit Karma and VantagScore.

Of course, like I said, I know very little about VantageScore.

I just searched and read a couple of articles that say that VS only includes open accounts in AAoA, so that leads me to believe it's not just a CK thing.  I could be wrong, but this has always been my understanding and the articles I just Googled seem to support that.  TT would probably be the person to ask, though!

Yes, TT would know. I'm not definitely not the person to ask about VantageScore.

Message 11 of 31
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thomas,

One thing I hadn't considered as the aging of new accounts.  I opened 4 new accounts in June (well Blispay only reports to EX, so 3 in terms of what CK sees) so perhaps it could do with the aging of "new" accounts and perhaps not considering them "new" any longer?  It has only been 5 months though, actually 3-4 months of reporting depending on the account which seems like a rather short threshold.  Also, I don't recall losing 16+ points when I opened these accounts under the VS 3.0 model.  There's got to be something else that I'm not seeing. 

Aging of new accounts is a possibility but, VS infographs show a 90 day timeframe for impact on score.

BTW _VantageScore 3.0 (and prior versions of VS) calculate AAoA - same as Fico, VS looks at open + closed accounts for average age. IV posted a profound link direct to VS which explicitly states how the model looks at average age. Please note CK is NOT VantageScore - it just reports VantageScore. The summaries shown on CK (including average age) are from a bygone era prior to CK switching to VS3. I can't recall what the prior model was - reported score had changed to VS3 on CK before I set up an account on CK.

VS has a long list of reason codes that you can look through to see if anything might click. I posted a link before to their reason codes but don't have time to find it now. Ignore the Y axis as it is meaningless in absolute terms

VS time curves.jpg

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 12 of 31
JLK93
Established Contributor

Are you sure your 90 day late hasn't reached 2 years?

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, although it's close.  When it reaches 2 years I'd expect my FICO scores to increase and they have not budged a single point in 6-7 weeks now.  I have another thread going trying to solicit info from those that have had a late payment cross the 2 year mark regarding how many points they got back.  I'm thinking I should see at least a few, maybe as much as 5-7 but who knows.  Until I see them come back under FICO scoring, I wouldn't think that the late payment aging would improve my VS 3.0 scores.

Message 14 of 31
JLK93
Established Contributor

Do you have FICO scores from December?

Message 15 of 31
Marcos8
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marcos8 wrote:

Doesn't CK have a link under each score that says "what's changed?" Maybe that can provide more insight. 

I don't see that link and spent about 5 minutes looking for something like this but haven't come across it.

Both my CK iOS app as well as the CK website from my browser both show links or data under the TU and EQ sections that says What Changed? And then lists all the things since the last score change or pull

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JLK93 wrote:

Do you have FICO scores from December?

I have not pulled my 3B yet in Dec.  The last 3B scores I pulled were on 11/24, then Discover gave me my TU 08 on 11/28.  I will pull my 3B scores Tuesday (tomorrow) though.  I don't expect to see a change with any of them.  If I do though, I would chalk it up to the 90 day late hitting a threshold although IMO that would be happening a bit early.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcos8 wrote:

Both my CK iOS app as well as the CK website from my browser both show links or data under the TU and EQ sections that says What Changed? And then lists all the things since the last score change or pull

Interesting.  Where specifically are you seeing this?  I'm by no means a CK expert.  On the overview screen where it displays the TU and EQ scores, below them all it says is, "See details that can impact your score. Check out your Credit Factors."  On the credit reports screen under TU and EQ I don't see a "what changed" either.  I assume I'm looking in the wrong places here?

Message 18 of 31
Marcos8
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marcos8 wrote:

Interesting.  Where specifically are you seeing this?  I'm by no means a CK expert.  On the overview screen where it displays the TU and EQ scores, below them all it says is, "See details that can impact your score. Check out your Credit Factors."  On the credit reports screen under TU and EQ I don't see a "what changed" either.  I assume I'm looking in the wrong places here?

Not sure why it's different. Just logged into CK again on my iPad and the first thing I see are both my TU and EQ scores. Under my scores I see a  "what's changed?" Link   Under that I see Updated on and a date

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

scores..jpg

This is what I see when logging in.  Odd that you see "what's changed" - I don't recall ever seeing that there.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.