Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less than year old 120 day late removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Less than year old 120 day late removed

I got notice today that I will be having a 120 late removed from December 2015, 90 day from November 2015, and 120 from December 2014. Will this increase my fico scores across the board with them being so recent? Next closest late is from 2013
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Less than year old 120 day late removed

And the creditor who granted this is??????
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got notice today that I will be having a 120 late removed from December 2015, 90 day from November 2015, and 120 from December 2014. Will this increase my fico scores across the board with them being so recent? Next closest late is from 2013

Yes, you'll see a score increase.  Depending on the amount of other lates you have, their age and their severity the score increase could be significant.

Aside from the 3 major derogs that you are getting removed please fill us in on how many other lates you have, what severity they were (60, 90, 120, etc) and when they happened.  You stated you had at least one more from 2013 but we don't know if it's 1 more total or 20 more.  That answer will have a big impact on your score bump.

If you had NO other lates aside from the 3 major derogs that you're getting removed, your score increase could be anywhere from 70-150 points IMO (depending on your current score... the lower your current score the greater the boost would be).

Since you have at least 1, if not more lates, I think you can just about cut that estimated point range in half... say 35-75 points and possibly less depending on whether or not you have additional lates and/or their severities.

As the previous post asked, which creditor is it that's making this deletion for you?  It's pretty significant!  How did you go about getting them to agree to remove these 3 major derogs?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was from my navient student loans. I am a 100% disabled veteran so the back dated things and are deleting those late payments. There are two others from 2013 and that's it. She's trying to get those deleted as well. Western shamrock has already deleted theirs that I had. Smiley Happy I've also had 3 pfd taken off as well. I've been busting my rear trying to clean up college mistakes to buy a house.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the severity of the 2 lates you still have on there from 2013?  If they are 30 or 60 days by chance they are already not impacting your score at this time.  If you get those removed in addition to the ones you just got removed you could see around 100 points gained on your scores IMO.

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

As the others said, you should get an increase in scores, but how much is hard to determine. It would not be anywhere near what it would be if it were your last negative being removed. That is where the big jump happens. You should definitely see some sort of jump though.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.