Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington Law

tag
C-Chedda
Established Member

Lexington Law

Does anyone know if this credit report deletion service works?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lexington Law

Lexington Law uses unethical credit repair tactics, the discussion of which are not permitted on the FICO Forums.

Having said that, people here have reported very mixed results.  Some have expressed satisfaction with their results, whereas others have reported spending hundreds of dollars for their "expertise" without any meaningful or long-lasting results.  Most people here will tell you that you can accomplish legitimate credit repair through your own hard work, without paying a third party.

Message 2 of 28
C-Chedda
Established Member

Even though they use "unethical" practices, do they work?
Message 3 of 28
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No credit repair organization can ever, ever assure you of  any deletion of anything from your credit file/credit report.

Only the creditor or debt collector  who reported the information can delete it. 

What credit repair organizations purport to offer is knowledge of how to attempt deletions of items from your credit file. 

They may have value to consumers who are clueless as to the process, but are, in my opinion, less than useless to those who can obtain credit repair answers on their own.  Yes, doing it yourself is investment of time on the part of the consumer, and some dont want to invest that time.

Take this site as an example.  You can come here any time, relate the details of a particular item of information, and get the most objective advice on how to proceed.

I am not a salesman for myFICO, but I have been here for several years, and know the high caliber of advice that is offered here, with no commercial benefit that might make the advice subjective, and questionable.

If you take the time to understand and ask questions, I would take advice offered here before listening to any third party, commercial credit repair organization.

Again, if any credit repair organization implies their abilitty to obtain credit report deletions, that would be a major red flag to me.

Message 4 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@C-Chedda wrote:

The discussion of unethical credit repair tactics, whether they work or not, is prohibited per Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 28
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@C-Chedda wrote:

As mentioned in my original reply, "others have reported spending hundreds of dollars for their 'expertise' without any meaningful or long-lasting results".  So for many people, the answer to this question would be a resounding "no".

Message 6 of 28
C-Chedda
Established Member

Thanks everyone for your help
Message 7 of 28
creditchild
Regular Contributor

pm me chedda

Message 8 of 28
C-Chedda
Established Member

I just sent you a pm
Message 9 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Most of us in these forums are DIYers. There really isn't a thing that Lexington or similar companies can do that you cannot do by yourself. 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.