Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit increase the score went down :-/

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Limit increase the score went down :-/

Thank you so much for the tips, i will keep them on mind, and yes, i was making multiple payments to my capone account, so whe it reports to the cr its less then 30%
I do have a BOFA letter at home, i apply hot denied but they offer me the secure, i have to give the deposit and thatll be my limit. After reading your comment i will take the offer into consideration. Discover denied me so did amex. I have over 30 inqui on the last 2 months, im trying not to apply for anything, but i just dont know if i should wait 6m 1yr or 2yrs. Im not sure for how long the inqueries hurts the credit.

Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 12
dbatl14
Contributor

Re: Limit increase the score went down :-/

Inquiries can hurt you in seeking new credit but again it all will depend.

But since you have been denied and BofA offered a secured. I would definitely go that route as it appears that you will need to work on your credit profile. If you recently applied for the BofA then they may not need to pull your credit again.

I would definitely go with the BofA secured, after 1 year they will graduate you (may not be exactly) but you can call the credit analyst and they can do that right on the spot unlike many other banks. When I got graduated I had to call and they did that right away, my deposit was back in my bank account 1 hour after I finished the call and my increased credit line was also immediately available, the new card arrived 10 days later.

At this point, time is the only thing that can help you.

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.