cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little help please.....put 90$ on my macys card and my score dropped 6 points???

tag
chekz
Established Member

Little help please.....put 90$ on my macys card and my score dropped 6 points???

Whats up with that? My score went from 734 to 728 because of this. My limit is 1000 on my macys, 1300 on Chase, and 1550 on Cap1 and also a Cap1 card that i combined but still shows opened with limit of 500. All of the other cards have a 0 balanced. I keep my cards active though so inactivity wasnt the issue. One thing i find weird is that on my Score Watch subscribtion on equifax.com it shows my balanced went up (Your MACY'S/DSNB account balance has increased by 2500% from $0 to $90)....Shouldnt it be 90% of 1000, if so would my balance show a 9% increase on my macys card, not 2500%. This is scarying me because i have a 200 balance that's about to post anyday now to my Chase. Does the 6 points drop make sence?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Little help please.....put 90$ on my macys card and my score dropped 6 points???

Remember, SW may give a reason to a drop but it doesn't give every reason for a drop. For example, I got a SW alert for a sizable increase. It said that a balance increased on one of my CCs. Well, a balance increase won't likely increase the score. The cause was a baddie that fell off that SW didn't catch or mention.

OK, you have a $90 on a $1000 CL Macys reporting.

$0 on a $1300 Chase with $200 posting soon.

$0 (I assume) reporting on a $1550 CL CapOne#1

and $0 on a recently combined $500 CL CapOne#2, .

...am I right here? And you have no other CCs, right?

When did you combine the CapOnes...within the past month or two? If so, when you combined them, what opened date is showing on CapOne#2 (combined)? Is it showing the open date with the older CC open date or the newer one? Or to rephrase, did the open date change as to change your history and your AAoA?

BTW, small changes are OK.

Message 2 of 7
chekz
Established Member

Re: Little help please.....put 90$ on my macys card and my score dropped 6 points???

thanks llecs but my combined 1550 card is still showing opened on Feb, 2007. I have no baddies at all. Score watch on myfico is telling me that it was because of
  • You have too many credit accounts with balance, and it the 90 dollars i put on it. However Score watch on equifax.com not only tells me that but it says my balanced increased 2500%.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The drop was for the extra account with a balance this month. That drop makes sense if you have a low number of accounts (I have the same effect).

Ignore the percent it gives. You cannot divide a number by 0 and get a real number. It gives an astromonically high but fake number just to call attention to the fact it was a large increase percentage wise.

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The drop was for the extra account with a balance this month. That drop makes sense if you have a low number of accounts (I have the same effect).

Good catch.

Message 5 of 7
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

I usually carry a balance on one card (approx 7% total utl) my EQ score dropped when my Macy's card reported a $10 & a $30 balance on two occasions. I will be sure to PIF this card before the statement date from now on.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
chekz
Established Member

yea me too...o i combined my cards about 2 months ago.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.