Reply
Established Member
C-Chedda
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Loan for stocks

I recently applied a recieved a loan for 7k to pay for some stocks (at a very reduced rate) from my company. I will have the loan paid off in 30 days. Will this make my credit score drop due to this being a new account? Also will my score go up when the account is paid off?
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,084
Registered: ‎07-14-2009

Re: Loan for stocks

 


C-Chedda wrote:
I recently applied a recieved a loan for 7k to pay for some stocks (at a very reduced rate) from my company. I will have the loan paid off in 30 days. Will this make my credit score drop due to this being a new account? Also will my score go up when the account is paid off?

 

Hello and welcome to the forums.

 

You'll probably take a minor hit for a new inquiry and a new credit account showing up. And this will also lower of your AAoA (Average Age of Accounts).

 

Just paying it off won't raise your score back up. It will be considered a new account for about a year. After you pay it off and it is closed it will continue reporting for up to 10 years which helps your credit length history and AAoA.

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,243
Registered: ‎03-12-2007

Re: Loan for stocks

moving to the Understanding FICO Scoring forum

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,473
Registered: ‎12-31-2008

Re: Loan for stocks


C-Chedda wrote:
I recently applied a recieved a loan for 7k to pay for some stocks (at a very reduced rate) from my company. I will have the loan paid off in 30 days. Will this make my credit score drop due to this being a new account? Also will my score go up when the account is paid off?

Sorry, C-Chedda,

 

Could you clarify???  Did you receive a loan from your company, or buy some stocks from your company?

I'm curious - If you took a loan out from a bank or cu that reports the loans; or if you took out a loan from a retirement fund or some such that you have with your company that would not be reporting the loan???

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Established Member
C-Chedda
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Loan for stocks

I

Established Member
C-Chedda
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Loan for stocks

I borrowed the money from my companies credit union
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,473
Registered: ‎12-31-2008

Re: Loan for stocks


marinevietvet wrote:  You'll probably take a minor hit for a new inquiry and a new credit account showing up. And this will also lower of your AAoA (Average Age of Accounts).

 

Just paying it off won't raise your score back up. It will be considered a new account for about a year. After you pay it off and it is closed it will continue reporting for up to 10 years which helps your credit length history and AAoA.


I agree.  It'll depend on what else is showing on your accounts. 

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Established Member
C-Chedda
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Loan for stocks

I

I have a BKR discharged in 2005. I was late on my student loans 7/2007. I also has a 90 day late in 5/2009. My credit score is 624 trans and 637 equifax. I have a 200 CR with a 8 dollar balance
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,084
Registered: ‎07-14-2009

Re: Loan for stocks

 


C-Chedda wrote:

I

I have a BKR discharged in 2005. I was late on my student loans 7/2007. I also has a 90 day late in 5/2009. My credit score is 624 trans and 637 equifax. I have a 200 CR with a 8 dollar balance

 

Sometimes what remains on your reports is just as crucial as what is gone. That 1 year old 90 day late is a real score killer IMO and will remain so for quite some time. How long? You'll get different opinions about that but a 90 day late is considered a major derogatory.

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Established Member
C-Chedda
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Loan for stocks

But shouldn't my score go up after about a year of paying my bills on time?


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+