cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer credit history than Credit Reports and Fico says..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Longer credit history than Credit Reports and Fico says..

Hello Everyone, I just joined and still knowing my way around here not sure if I am in the right thread or not, For the last  few month, I noticed my credit reports and today Fico..It  says, I dont have a long enough credit history, the problem with that is that my oldest credit card is 13 years old. How can I fix this.? It is reporting my longest credit card at two years old which is hindering me from getting more credit or a credit increase, When I apply for a credit increase or a new credit card that is the reason they always use why I didnt get it.  Any information you can give me would be helpful. Thank You in advanced..

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Longer credit history than Credit Reports and Fico says..

Welcome to the forums! 

Could you name this 13-year old credit card, just so we'll have a handle to talk about it further?  For example, "my Chase Freedom" or "my Amex Blue Cash."

Just for clarity, can you confirm the following?

*  This card was opened in 2003 and it has never been closed.  (You have used it periodically for the last 13 years.)

*  This card does appear on all three of your credit reports (TU, EX, EQ)

*  The "date opened" listed on each report for this card is correct.  In other words, it says something like DATE OPENED = Aug 2003

That last bullet is especially important.  It sounds like something is saying that your oldest account is 2 years old, which would mean that on at least one of the three reports, the date opened field says 2014 rather than 2003.  Let us know what the reports actually say.

If the date opened is incorrect (2014 rather than 2003), then it sounds like the problem may be on the credit card issuer's end, since they are reporting that to the credit bureaus.  The next steps I would take in that event is to give the CC issuer a call and ask them what their records show, explain that you have in fact had the card opened for 13 years, etc.

But before we give you any more advice, it would be useful to get a response from you on the above bulleted items.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.