Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost card reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost card reporting

Hello! Last year I was approved for an amazon card, but never received it in the mail. They immediately closed the card, and issued a new one. On my credit report it shows "account closed, payment status unknown". Is this hurting my score in any way? Should I try to have this account removed? Or should I just leave it there? Thanks in advance for your replies.😀
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost card reporting

Is it helping or hurting your AAoA?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be aware that some of these "closed accounts" fall off after 30-60 days.

I closed a card because it got destroyed and after about 45 days the old account fell off entirely.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened several cards during that time. I don't know if it's helping or hurting. I guess that's my real question. The account is only a year old.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been a year and it hasn't fell off on it's own.
Message 5 of 12
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Are most of your accounts older than this one? Do you have many new accounts?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two new accounts that haven't reported yet. The rest of my accounts are the same age as this one, with the exception of my car loan which is 5 yrs old, & a 10 yr old finger hut account.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious... how long after it was opened was it closed?  You can find this out from your credit reports: they give you an exact date for both Date Opened and Date Closed.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had two cards stolen last year and they should report "lost/stolen" and wont hurt  on your report/score, but you should contact CRAs and request or dispute to report properly for peace of mind.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

From May 2016 to July 2016
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.