Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost or Stolen CC? Whats next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost or Stolen CC? Whats next?

I lost my CC.  I canceled it and had my bank issue me a new CC.  I still have my old CC reporing on my CR.  The CC was paid on time without any deliquencies.  Could I dispute this to have the CAs' delete from my record? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost or Stolen CC? Whats next?

The CCC will handle it. They may keep reporting it BUT it will not hurt your scores. It will report lost/stolen    closed

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have 2 duplicate accounts for 2 years. One lost/closed and one open with the same open date as the other account. After 2 years it will fall off your report. If the account is older than your average age this will help you for 2 years, if it is shorter it will hurt you for 2 years. Usually it will have very little effect, but if you have a small number of accounts it could swing it a decent amount.

Either way the effect should only be 2 years.

Message 3 of 5
_qwerty_
Established Member

Should I lose all my cards that are older than average age to bump my score for the next 2 years? Sounds like a good plan, don’t you think?Smiley Happy. We should add it to credit scoring 101 under "Dirty tricks to improve your FICO".

I've been trying to make HBSC bank to remove "lost or stolen" duplicate without any success. But since the card is older than my average age I guess I'm going to stop trying because apparently it works for my benefit.
Message 4 of 5
JJF
Contributor

@_qwerty_ wrote:
Should I lose all my cards that are older than average age to bump my score for the next 2 years? Sounds like a good plan, don’t you think?Smiley Happy. We should add it to credit scoring 101 under "Dirty tricks to improve your FICO".

I've been trying to make HBSC bank to remove "lost or stolen" duplicate without any success. But since the card is older than my average age I guess I'm going to stop trying because apparently it works for my benefit.

Nice to discover another warped mind.  I had my wallet stolen in Nov 2007 and noticed duplicate entries on my credit report.  Nice to know the lost/stolen entries fall off after two years.  Most of the stolen cards were aged 10 plus years.    Maybe it is worth losing one's wallet this year when I travel home for Christmas?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.