cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost points when a 10 year old pos account was removed from TU, can i get it back?

tag
tbrooks
Valued Member

Lost points when a 10 year old pos account was removed from TU, can i get it back?

i had a 10 year old radio shack credit line that was 1500, which had been closed by credit granter for years now, but was a positive account. my average and age of accounts stayed the same, but i did loose points now that it is no longer reporting. i only had 12 accounts, with 4 of those being paid collections. now im down to 11, 4 paid collections, 6 paid as agreed, and 1 car lown that was paid in full for less balance, which will also drop in the next few months.

can you request that an account stay on your cr longer, or get the deleted one back on.

TU-DEC-2010-697
EQ-DEC-2010-684
EX-DEC-2010-707

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost points when a 10 year old pos account was removed from TU, can i get it back?

I don't think you can get them back after the 10 year mark. Wish we could. I had 3 old positive accounts drop off last year, plus a new truck loan, and my score dropped from 769 to 743. Got it all back by paying down my credit cards.

Message 2 of 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost points when a 10 year old pos account was removed from TU, can i get it back?

@tbrooks wrote:

i had a 10 year old radio shack credit line that was 1500, which had been closed by credit granter for years now, but was a positive account. my average and age of accounts stayed the same, but i did loose points now that it is no longer reporting. i only had 12 accounts, with 4 of those being paid collections. now im down to 11, 4 paid collections, 6 paid as agreed, and 1 car lown that was paid in full for less balance, which will also drop in the next few months.

can you request that an account stay on your cr longer, or get the deleted one back on.

No...because they're not required to report at all. It's the CRAs who remove these accounts. They can't keep everything, and 10 year old information likely doesn't fit into their scoring formulas as being relevant information. They're trying to calculate today's risk.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.