Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost points?

tag
garland865
Established Member

Lost points?

Balance on one of my cards was $450.00(CL $3250.00) and my score dropped 7 points. Any ideas on why?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost points?

It may due to the utilizatrion being over 10% and or other factors on the credit report.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lost points?

Depends on the before and after snapshots of your credit report.

Unfortunately the monitoring solutions don't catch every single change, and some are summarized as they don't check real-time.  I'm still trying to figure out why I took an 18 point drop a couple of months ago as I had on the order of 6 changes hit the report at the same time according to my monitoring... fail mode.  Pretty much gave up, shrugged and went on with life.  Can't get caught up in the minor ups and downs over the short term, long-term focus is where it's at.

Anyway in general a change in balance can affect both overall utilization, individual card utilization, and number of cards with balances.  Any one of these 3 or some combination can drop one's score, and depending how high your original score was, 10 points isn't out of the realm of posibility for any of them.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.