Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY Credit Use Ratio is 352%!

tag
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

MY Credit Use Ratio is 352%!

I have three charge off credit cards that are effecting my "true available credit"  My True credit availability is realy only $1,200 but when these three other accounts make it look like I have 6500 in credit.  Should these charged off amounts be refelcted in my credit availabiltiy? I am sure 352% usage iss bringing down my score! 

Also, those three cards only had limits off 500,500 and 600 respectively, now they are showing large balances which are triple the original limit.  I assume this is from late fees, penalties, overlimit's etc.. . But isint there a point where you reach your limit and dont pay and the account is closed that these late and over limit charges are supposed to stop?

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: MY Credit Use Ratio is 352%!

A charged-off credit card balance will be considered in all FICO utilization calculations.  The credit limit does not count.  Any balance owed is significantly detrimental to your score, since you get no benefit from whatever the credit limit was before the card was closed, but will be penalized for your balance.  These accounts will stop having effect on your FICO utilization when the balance is $0.

ETA:  There should be no further overlimit or late charges from the OC after the account is charged-off.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.