Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY FICO NOT REAL CREDIT SCORE?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY FICO NOT REAL CREDIT SCORE?????

I have been using myfico for about a year now, and was under the assumption that it was using my real credit score. I decided to check my score with experian for all 3 credit bereaus and definately saw changes to my numbers.

With my MyFICO:  Equifax: 747,  Transunion: 762, Experian: 740

Experian Website: Equifax: 728, Transunion: 737, Experian: 737.

Whats the deal here? Why am I paying 15-20$ a month with myfico if if doesnt even show me my real credit score? Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lnacen
Valued Member

Re: MY FICO NOT REAL CREDIT SCORE?????

Those Experian scores are known as "educational scores"..meaning they are fake scores. MyFiCO scores are the scores that lenders actually use. 

Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been using myfico for about a year now, and was under the assumption that it was using my real credit score. I decided to check my score with experian for all 3 credit bereaus and definately saw changes to my numbers.

With my MyFICO:  Equifax: 747,  Transunion: 762, Experian: 740 True Fico score EX EQ TU 08 model 

Experian Website: Equifax: 728, Transunion: 737, Experian: 737. Here's where you wasted your money FAKO = Fake scores Smiley Sad

Whats the deal here? Why am I paying 15-20$ a month with myfico if if doesnt even show me my real credit score? Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?

Welcome to the forum 

+1 to what @lnacen said 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys for enlightening me. : )

Message 4 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

+2

we all have went to kearnng curve. I thought as you did at first. Sure enough. It will say on experian. Scores may night be used by 3rd party lenders. Same at transunion. And Equifax. However Equifax does provided fico scores too. Which will match exactly as here. Keep in mine. They should say credit card scores. Fico credit card scores. Anything else. Ie. mortgage. Will be different.  Auto enhanced. Will. Be different. Apparently no one knows about those ficos bores. Big big secret from public. I just wonder if those scored are higher or lower than the fico scores here. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.