Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MYFICO scores VS. TU EQ EX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MYFICO scores VS. TU EQ EX

I pay MYFICO for score monitoring AND I buy all 3 FICO scores each month to use the credit simulator with up to date info.  On 01/26/15 I paid for all 3 scores.  All 3 bureaus had my wrong CURRENT address and had my correct current address as PREVIOUS address.  I contacted all 3 bureaus and was told they had my CORRECT address and I could not dispute anything as their was nothing to dispute.  On 01/28/15 I received an alert from MYFICO that my TU score dropped from 620 to 615 because of a change of address.  I called TU to dispute and was told that their was nothing to dispute as they had my correct address.  TU further stated that neither 615 or 620 was my current score. Then I was told that TU is now using the ADVANTAGE score model and not the FICO score model.  After calling EX and EQ I was told that the FICO score I received where incorrect and they use the BEACON score model and again I could not dispute my address as it shows as correct in their records.  Can anyone explain this to me?  I'm not sure why I'm paying MYFICO if these are not my real scores or credit reports since I can't dispute erronous information that is supposedly lowering my credit!?  Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MYFICO scores VS. TU EQ EX

The scores you're getting from MyFico are the correct scores - correct as in they are the scores used by the vast majority of credit grantors. The credit bureaus may be generating their own scores, but you can ignore those because nobody uses them

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK.  So how do I dispute Items if the 3 bureaus are saying the info doesnt exist?

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

OK.  So how do I dispute Items if the 3 bureaus are saying the info doesnt exist?

Start a dispute online with either EQ or TU: see what's listed for addresses.

The address change isn't doing anything with your score, and it only changes when some tradeline reports a new one.  Possible a ghost came out of the woodwork, but as you go through the dispute, make certain things are all copasetic in terms of current and prior tradelines and derogatories.  

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.