Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MYfico score question

tag
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

MYfico score question

I currently am subscribed to EQ monitor and experian monitor service
and just recently as a week ago i i paid services to see myfico eq and experian fico services

Is it worth the montly payments to EQ and Exp monitor services and/or myfico score? or can i rely on myfico scores and the report that comes with it?

I tried to cancel EQ last week before my subscription renewal but they gave me another month of free service for my reconsideration

Do I have to be a paid subscriber to freeze my credit reports as well?

If I do freeze my credit reports Will it effect my credit card accounts to review my credit when they review account ?

I hope I explained it well and thanks for any contribution you input into this

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: MYfico score question

@mikey78 wrote:

I currently am subscribed to EQ monitor and experian monitor service
and just recently as a week ago i i paid services to see myfico eq and experian fico services.  Just for clarification, you're signed up for monitoring at EQ and EX sites, as well as here at MyFICO?  If so, seems like a bit of overkill.  Use the services here rather than at EQ or EX directly. 

Is it worth the montly payments to EQ and Exp monitor services and/or myfico score? or can i rely on myfico scores and the report that comes with it? See above.  If you're paying for and/or receiving 4 credit monitoring services, that's up to you to determine if it's worth it to you.  Personnally, I'd only go with the MyFICO services.  And it really only matters if you're going to be applying for additional credit any time soon.  If you're in the Garden, like many of us are, it's really not as necessary.  While in the Garden, I only pull my reports quarterly, or if I get a notification from AMEX CreditSecure of a significant change in my report(s). 

I tried to cancel EQ last week before my subscription renewal but they gave me another month of free service for my reconsideration

Do I have to be a paid subscriber to freeze my credit reports as well? No. Anyone can freeze their reports, any time.  I've frozen and unfrozen my EX reports a number of times over the years, depending on my needs at the time.

If I do freeze my credit reports Will it effect my credit card accounts to review my credit when they review account ? No.  SP's not affected by freezing your reports.  Happens all the time.  You simply won't be able to (easily) apply for new credit, since your reports are frozen and HP are not possible when frozen. 

I hope I explained it well and thanks for any contribution you input into this

Message 2 of 3
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: MYfico score question

thanks I'll call and cancel before my subscription renews
i'm going to be gardening for awhle now

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.