Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a class... Any help is welcome!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making a class... Any help is welcome!

Hi all.
I've been going through my own "fun" with rebuilding credit after years of abuse and neglect.  I've learned a lot from other people who have been in the same situation, and from what other people have done to avoid this situation all together.
As a Sergeant, I'm looking around, and noticing a lot of young soldiers that are starting down the same road I did, credit wise, and I want to do something to help prevent this.  So I've decided to put together a class with all the tips and tricks that I have learned, to hopefully save some of these joes from the same fate I have been facing.
If anyone has any suggestions or tips they would like to toss my way, I would be more than thankful!  Or, if after I am done, hopefully in the next week or two, anyone would like a copy of my class, I'll be more than happy to share it!

-SGT Stu
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Making a class... Any help is welcome!

Welcome... first off, thank you for serving our country and protecting our freedom!

Have you checked out the scoring 101 thread?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pulling a lot of information from the threads on here, as well as some personal experiences.  I hammered out the majority of the class today (power point presentation) and while it is geared more towards young soldiers, it most likely will be applicable to anyone.

I'm hoping for completion by Monday.  Let me know if anyone is interested in a copy.

SGT Stu
Message 3 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

SGT_Stu wrote:
I'm pulling a lot of information from the threads on here, as well as some personal experiences.  I hammered out the majority of the class today (power point presentation) and while it is geared more towards young soldiers, it most likely will be applicable to anyone.

I'm hoping for completion by Monday.  Let me know if anyone is interested in a copy.

SGT Stu

I would be. Let me know when it is ready.
Message 4 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

SGT_Stu wrote:

SGT Stu

Very interested.

And I come from a long line of (British) senior NCOs  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just putting the final touches on the class.  Just a heads up, don't be suprised if you see quotes from some of the success stories on here!
Also, it's geared towards young soldiers, and to give them an introduction, so while it might not cover everything, it definately helps.
Please, feel free to email me, nocopro@gmail.com if you would like a copy and I will reply with it attached.

-SGT Stu
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My father is ex-military (retired Air Force officer). He would tell me about all the young airmen who seemed to confuse the maximum amount an auto dealer was willing to finance with the amount that was prudent to actually borrow...and how trouble usually followed soon thereafter.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if you've included this in your presentation, but you might point out that they need to maintain good credit to get AND maintain security clearances. 
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The more people I talk to about this, the more I think I'm going to end up making a few more classes, on managing finances, and stuff like that.  I could probabally break it down to classes on buying a car, etc.  There is just so many tangents involved in all of this, it's hard to split it into definitive topics.

The class is as complete as it's going to get for now, and I've already started emailing it to those who have requested it.  I hope it helps!

SGT Stu

Message Edited by SGT_Stu on 06-20-2007 10:36 PM
Message 9 of 12
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

This is one of those times when the words "thank you" just don't seem to be words enough to say.  You not only serve our nation, you serve our young soldiers with the insight, compassion and concern of a father, and I am grateful, beyond words. 

And yes, Smiley Happy I would so like a copy, and you wouldn't mind my passing it along, would you?  Smiley Happy

Again, thank you.

Message Edited by MercyMe on 06-21-2007 01:07 AM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.