Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making this make sense

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making this make sense

What's hurting your FICO score

You have a short credit history. Most FICO High Achievers have an average age of accounts between 6 and 12 years.

Length of credit history = 12 years

Seriously?!?!?!?! Just last week the length of my credit history was a factor that was HELPING my score.

OY!!!!! Craziness.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Making this make sense

You mentioned that your length of credit history is 12 yrs. What is your average age?

Edit to add...I too am dinged for my history. As with your CR, my EX I think also has a 12 yr history. But my avg. age is only 2 yrs (thanks to my 10 new accts opened in the past yr.  Smiley Tongue  ).

Message Edited by llecs on 10-20-2008 01:52 PM
Message 2 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, also FICO says that the avg FICO high achiever has a credit history on avg of 19 years long. As Ilecs stated, check out the AAoA.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My AAoA is 8 years

Message 4 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, with an AAoA that high, you shouldn't receive that message.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ehhh they were just so used to having that big ol pile of negatives on there because of all my CA that when those fell off they felt the need to fill it in with something else and that is what they pulled out of their hats.

Or at least that is what I am telling myself until the next time I pull my FICO's Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.