Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max score 839 for TU??

tag
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

Max score 839 for TU??

Hi all,  

I just recieved my credit score disclosure report from PenFed (tried to refinance).  They say my score is 799 (yay) on Transunion but then it says under "the range of scores" that:

"TransUnion/FICO Risk Score Classic 98: Scores range from a low of 309 to a high of 839.  Generally, the higher your score, the more likely you are to be offered better credit terms."

So what does that mean? I thought 850 was the high??  Are they using some other TU score?

Also, under "Key factors that adversely affected your credit score", they list code 028: Number of established accounts - what does this mean?  and they list 014: Length of time accounts have been established - but my AAOA is like 19 years.  Can anyone help with these codes?

Thanks!

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Max score 839 for TU??

Google transunion 839. TU 397-871, EX 368-839, EQ 407-829. Smiley Surprised

(psychic lists his EX FICO at 842!)

Message 2 of 5
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

Hm..so basically it's an "easy number" and means nothing.  Meh.  But if mine ranges to 839 (According to the sheet of paper), then my 799 score is better than I thought. Smiley Wink

Any other thoughts on this?  How does it correlate as far as if our score is really "high"?  Does that mean a perfect score is unattainable since it doesn't exist? 

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

My take on it is that the numbers for TU (should be 839, like your sheet says) and EX (should be 871, makes 842 possible) got swapped due to a typo. I'm updating my end of 2011 goal scores to EQ 815 TU 820 EX 836. Oh, I'm sure various people have actually gotten a perfect score for a short period of time, which reminds me that an EQ of 813 is better than 96%.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Peach8321 wrote:

Hm..so basically it's an "easy number" and means nothing.  Meh.  But if mine ranges to 839 (According to the sheet of paper), then my 799 score is better than I thought. Smiley Wink

Any other thoughts on this?  How does it correlate as far as if our score is really "high"?  Does that mean a perfect score is unattainable since it doesn't exist? 

A perfect score of 850 does exist but less than 1% of consumers in the U.S. have a score of 850.

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/110979/how-to-get-a-perfect-credit-score?mod=seri...

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.