cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland collection removed and Trans and EQ score went up 25 points, but Experian FICO score dropped

tag
EmmyWannabeOrman
Contributor

Midland collection removed and Trans and EQ score went up 25 points, but Experian FICO score dropped

So Midland agreed to remove the collection (t-mobile $669) from all CB's and I saw a 25 point increase in all credit reports except Experian. When Midland first reported early last year all credit scores dropped about 20-25 points.I checked my Experian report and the Midland account is gone. By the way this deletion happened about a month ago. I don't understand. I ordered a new credit report (Today!) and there are no collection accounts factored in my FICO Experian score. What gives? Not fair how I lost 25 points when it first reported last year and now it's removed I don't get an increase. I have no baddies. That collection was the only one 

Cap One QS 1950, NFCU 7000, NavChek 6500, Cap One secured 750, IFCU 1000, IFCU (overdraft line of credit) 1000, Express 3100, NY&Co 2650, Victoria's Secret 2650, Exxon/Mobil 300, Zales 500, Kay's 900, Walmart 3500, Bloomingdales 1000, Belks 850, Paypal Smartconnect 1300, Chase Freedom 2000,Chase Slate 500. Gap 4000, BP 3000, Amazon store card 3500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland collection removed and Trans and EQ score went up 25 points, but Experian FICO score dro

@EmmyWannabeOrman wrote:

So Midland agreed to remove the collection (t-mobile $669) from all CB's and I saw a 25 point increase in all credit reports except Experian. When Midland first reported early last year all credit scores dropped about 20-25 points.I checked my Experian report and the Midland account is gone. By the way this deletion happened about a month ago. I don't understand. I ordered a new credit report (Today!) and there are no collection accounts factored in my FICO Experian score. What gives? Not fair how I lost 25 points when it first reported last year and now it's removed I don't get an increase. I have no baddies. That collection was the only one 

Something else changed which overcame any score increase from the removed CA,

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland collection removed and Trans and EQ score went up 25 points, but Experian FICO score dro

Rebucketing maybe?

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Rebucketing maybe?

Always possible but that would typically occur across all the CRAs if pretty much the same info is being reported.

Message 4 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

That is a dissapointment! TU removed my midland collection 6 months early for me back in February. I requested a new TU report and my score went up 53 points. EQ and EX have not removed it yet, I am hoping they both go up. But that is definitely strange! You would think you would get something from a midland collection going away. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.