Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed payment date unknown

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missed payment date unknown

I copied this out of my EX report.  Can anyone tell me what this means?  I can look at my report and figure out the last missed payment.

The date of your most recent missed payment is unknown.

If you missed a payment, your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred. In general, the more recent the missed payment, the more impact it has on your score. In your case, the date of this missed payment cannot be determined.

Keep this in mind: If you ask the credit bureau to report a date for this missed payment, it may lower your FICO score in the short term. If the late payment on your credit report is valid, you should focus on continually paying all your bills on time. This will demonstrate a good payment history going forward.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Missed payment date unknown

I have that on my TU report.  I checked my accounts and all accounts that have late payments have a date on them and the accounts dont show 0 lates.  I dont know what it means either but check you accounts and see if all the lates that you know of are shown and that the other accounts have 0 lates.

You also should check your other 2 reports and make sure that they match.

I
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did find that I had one credit card with no payment history for a couple of months in 06, but I did not miss a payment on them as reflected in my other reports.  Is there a way to contact EX and get a better explantation
Message 3 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

I check my tU report with Nationaly City (True Credit) and they marked one of my accounts as derog even though I had no lates.  They stated that the reson for the derog indicator was a wrong code that was marked on my account while I was in DMP.  They told me they would correct it and send me a new credit report.  I will then pull my TU report from MyFico and see if the message goes away.

Maybe you have a similar problem ith an entry that is miscoded so I would call EX.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pull your report directly from EX-
if you find the issue report it to myFICO CS or us.

mogo wrote:
I did find that I had one credit card with no payment history for a couple of months in 06, but I did not miss a payment on them as reflected in my other reports.  Is there a way to contact EX and get a better explantation

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I had this showing on my reports as well, last fall, and I think that it was my Sears card.

Just realize that if you had a late payment within the last year, and you think that you've dodged a bullet because it's not reporting, it might be this. So if there is anything remotely iffy within the last year, you probably ought to let it go. If it's over a year, and it turns out it was only a 30-day, you will probably come out ahead.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help guys.  After waking up with a 31pt. drop I thought I might have a heart attack.  I guessing part of my drop was due to a PR falling off and changing buckets.  As for the missed payment unknown, I am guessing something is coded wrong because I have not been late on anything that is not already showing. 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.