Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 10-digit Report File Number: SOLUTION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing 10-digit Report File Number: SOLUTION

Solution:  Recently, I ordered a 3B report and, like many others out here, when I wanted to start an online dispute for Exquifax or Experian, I found out that I needed the 10-digit report file number.  Unfortunately, this 10-digit number was nowhere to be found on the credit reports. 

At first, I searched high and low for the number and even read several forum posts but no one had an answer or solution.  Luckily, I figured out the answer to locating the 10-digit file number you need for disputing Equifax and Experian.  If you have ordered the 3B report, like myself, you'll want to select the Online Dispute option/link for the Transunion credit file first.  Doing so will lead you to a web page that allows you to start this request.  On this page, you  will find a 9-digit report file number at the top of the page.  All you have to do is add a zero (0) to the front of this number and, voila, you now have the 10-digit file number you need to initiate the online disputes for the other two credit files by Equifax and Experian.

For example, if you Transunion Report File Number is 324111111, then just add a zero to the beginning, i.e. 0324111111, and you've got the 10-digit number you need.  I have already confirmed this will work. 

Hopefully, this will help the many people out there that have experienced or will experience this issue. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Missing 10-digit Report File Number: SOLUTION

Thank you for that.  Hopefully i won't have to use this though!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.