Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Credit Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing Credit Scores

Hi
I tried to buy a house last year and my morgtage broker called me and told me that i was missing my experian report but i had (680-705) on the other 2. well now i tried calling experian and can not get an answer to my problem. now here is something even more funny now my trans union and experian both are gone no scores , i couldnt even buy them from myFICO.com. i have one credit card with a balance of like 12000 with a high limit of 21000 and thats it. i dont have any other credit cards or car payments . i did have a morgtage about 2 yrs ago but after selling the house nothing since.
how do i get my credit scores back i think not having the one show up last year hurt me from getting a morgtage.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Missing Credit Scores

To get FICO scores, you need to have had some credit reporting within the last six months which isn't being disputed. (Also you need to have had at least one credit account that was open for at least six months.)

Do you have any open credit cards or loans?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the 12000$ balance on just the one card.i lost the experian score about a year ago and the trans union score here recently.  this cc is my wifes card i was just added maybe 3-4 months ago as a joint card holder

Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
i have the 12000$ balance on just the one card.i lost the experian score about a year ago and the trans union score here recently. this cc is my wifes card i was just added maybe 3-4 months ago as a joint card holder

I think that's the problem, then. You've only been on the card for 3 or 4 months, so it hasn't been on your reports long enough to generate a score.

You probably had a long-closed account that recently fell off your reports, which is why the other CRA's used to have a score but now don't.

Unless your lender will work with you without a score, you'll need to wait until your AU (authorized user) account has reported for you for at least six months.

You might also ask if a score based only on one AU account will be enough to do the trick. You normally don't want to open a new account right before a mortgage app, but I'd want to make sure that you don't have to have something that is actually in your name.

You might want to post over on the Mortgages board.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

on a side note! i just had a medical bill go to collections like 2months ago but it has not reported for all the info  and its like 430$ how do i find out who the collections agency is if not listed and how long does a collection report to the ca how do you get them off when paid in full?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.