Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing items

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing items

My fico scores are 18 points apart. Equifax has many items that Transunion doesn't . Some of the items that are missing are good credit issues but they don't appear on Transunion. Should I contact them and review the issues with them or do I contact the creditor and have them report it to Transunion? Because I can't get the Esperian Fico I am in the dark about the 18 point difference.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Missing items

If the account is closed, there's not much you can do to get it reported onto TU. Closed accounts generally drop off 10 yrs from the date it was closed, but some CRAs can and do opt to remove early. If your account is still open, then you could call and ask them to report.

If you were to look at your TU and EQ FICO reports on pages 2 and 3, you may or may not find the AAoA listed. If that figure is off even by a year on TU, due to the age of those missing accounts, then that could easily be your culprit. Also the oldest account's age places a big role in that too. Also, the EQ and TU formulas are slightly different and the scores would never match, even if the reports are perfectly identical.
Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Are these missing accounts still open? Were they ever reporting on TU?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some are with paid as agreed and some are closed at customers request.
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the account is closed, there's not much you can do to get it reported onto TU. Closed accounts generally drop off 10 yrs from the date it was closed, but some CRAs can and do opt to remove early. If your account is still open, then you could call and ask them to report.

If you were to look at your TU and EQ FICO reports on pages 2 and 3, you may or may not find the AAoA listed. If that figure is off even by a year on TU, due to the age of those missing accounts, then that could easily be your culprit. Also the oldest account's age places a big role in that too. Also, the EQ and TU formulas are slightly different and the scores would never match, even if the reports are perfectly identical.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much this has put  everything into perspective for me. Greatly appriated. I have to tell you I am a Webmaster and I have seen very few forums that are well put together as myFico. I ran into it while searching out answers to my financial wows. The site is fantastic!!!!!!!!
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mustwin wrote:
Thank you very much this has put  everything into perspective for me. Greatly appriated. I have to tell you I am a Webmaster and I have seen very few forums that are well put together as myFico. I ran into it while searching out answers to my financial wows. The site is fantastic!!!!!!!!

Ditto. It was a breath of fresh air when I stumbled onto this site back when.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.