Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money In the Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Money In the Bank

Does newly large sums of money deposited into a  savings account or money market account help your FICO score?  I am a little baffled because recently my FICO score went up by about 50pts and it almost seems to good to be true.

Latley, I have deposited a pretty sizeable amount of money into a money market account.

Gotten a 30 day late removed from one of my accounts

Lastly, I used a dormant CC that I haven't used in a long while and immediately paid the entire balance which wasn't much at all but around 89.00 .

Seems very generous to me as to the sudden hike in points.  Is this an abberition or is this for real???? I hope it is.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Money In the Bank

No it doesn't. I would encourage you to read the information here on what goes into my fico score. And what dudn't.

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Money In the Bank

+1

As a spoiler, items like banking balances, income, location where you live, employment and employment history, debit card transactions, insurance info, and others don't factor into your FICO score.

An increase can be due to many different things like baddies dropping off, improvements in util, rebucketing, and others.

This could be it too:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lastly, I used a dormant CC that I haven't used in a long while and immediately paid the entire balance which wasn't much at all but around 89.00 .

How dormant was it? How many months? And were you alerted to that? What was your util excluding this card? What was your util factoring this CC in?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.