Senior Contributor
smallfry

Mortgage Dropping Off Reports

December 2008 I have my last remaining mortgage tradeline dropping off my reports after 10 years. It was paid off 1998. Think I see a score drop?
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Re: Mortgage Dropping Off Reports

Congrats on the payoff and being mortgage free. I would put a big ol' HELOC on that house. Big enough and it will show as installment. Fico experts?

Mortgage was paid off 1998. I don't own it any more.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

I have my 2 oldest TL's droping off this year -

Valued Contributor
cobra19

Yes, I think you will see a drop. 10 years of history is a lot, unless you have other accounts as old (or older) as this one that can absorb some of the loss.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Senior Contributor
smallfry

I have 30+ accounts on my reports but due to a BK this would be my oldest TL. Average age shouldn't take that much of a hit and FWIW the mortgage was only open for less than one year to begin with. How much could it have helped me in the first place?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+