Valued Member
shorttough

Mortgage Hard Inquries and its impact

Hi all,

i have applied for mortgage twice, by the same lender. Had to cancel the first application for mortgage 20 days prior to closing due to its location. Anyways.. i applied for mortgage again on a new construction loan on a different lot.

How would these inquiries impact me on my scores.

Inquirer             CREDCO              (Final underwriting on our current lot)
    Date of Inquiry             08-2013   

Inquirer             CREDCO              (pre-approval for mortgage & construction to start)
    Date of Inquiry             04-2013

Inquirer             CREDCO              (Final Underwriting for closing on 1st home)
    Date of Inquiry             02-2013

Inquirer             CREDCO              (pre-approval for mortgage & construction to start)
    Date of Inquiry             10-2012

EQ 729

Trans 729

Exp 676

thanks

Valued Contributor
AndySoCal

Re: Mortgage Hard Inquries and its impact

These would be treated as four inquires on your credit report. If the inquires were within a 30 day period they wouldf be treated as one inquiry by FICO.  This unique to Auto, Mortages and Student loans there maybe one catagory I am missing.

Equifax My FICO score 815 5/28/2012. Average of Accounts 12 years and no Installment accounts. MyFICO TU 810 6/26/2012 809 4/21/2013 MyFICO XPN -805. 2/26/2014 Discover TU FICO 813 App free since 9/2011
Established Contributor
foofighter74

Re: Mortgage Hard Inquries and its impact

The credit inquiry in August won't hurt you until you app for something else after the mortgage is closed on. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+