Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Pulled Scores vs. Other Sites' Scores

tag
jones2929
Established Member

Mortgage Pulled Scores vs. Other Sites' Scores

I started my intensive FICO analysis about 7 months ago, when I found out that my scores were in the 660s.  I needed them to be in the 700s to get the offers that I wanted.  After doing a bunch of stuff aimed at increasing my scores, my proposed lender pulled my scores last week.  Thankfully, I was in the 700s - Equifax 701, Experian 702, TransUnion 725.  I thought it would be interesting to compare those scores with those pulled from other sites.  I realize all but one of these are FAKOs, but it is sort of entertaining to look at them.

MyFico Equifax - 701 (dead on - I was pleased to see that this score was identical)

MyFico TransUnion - 694 (wow, 31 points lower than actual score - I mean, I'm happy for my score, but surprised)

Credit Karma - 732

Credit Sesame - 729

Quizzle - 742 

Wells Fargo "Score Tracker" - 729

So, as the veterans of this site have said, the MyFico Equifax score is correct, and the others appear to be just estimates.   Quizzle appears to be complete crap.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage Pulled Scores vs. Other Sites' Scores

@jones2929 wrote:

I started my intensive FICO analysis about 7 months ago, when I found out that my scores were in the 660s.  I needed them to be in the 700s to get the offers that I wanted.  After doing a bunch of stuff aimed at increasing my scores, my proposed lender pulled my scores last week.  Thankfully, I was in the 700s - Equifax 701, Experian 702, TransUnion 725.  I thought it would be interesting to compare those scores with those pulled from other sites.  I realize all but one of these are FAKOs, but it is sort of entertaining to look at them.

MyFico Equifax - 701 (dead on - I was pleased to see that this score was identical)

MyFico TransUnion - 694 (wow, 31 points lower than actual score - I mean, I'm happy for my score, but surprised)

Credit Karma - 732

Credit Sesame - 729

Quizzle - 742 

Wells Fargo "Score Tracker" - 729

So, as the veterans of this site have said, the MyFico Equifax score is correct, and the others appear to be just estimates.   Quizzle appears to be complete crap.

First...congrats on getting into the 700 club!!   Having all your scores above 700 is a wonderful thang, gets you better interest rate than the alternative, and puts you on track to more increases! 

Regarding that EQ score, that's what many of us have found, in spite of the naysayers.  When it comes to mortgage pulls, more often than not, what lenders see and what consumers see is usually spot on. Both Beacon 5.0, so there shouldn't be descrepancy.

Regarding that TU score and the 31 point difference, that's likely due to different TU scoring models, and a prime example of how the TU score here is antiquated.  Here, the scoring model is TU98, whereas your lender pull was most likely a TU04 or perhaps a TU08, but TU04 is more common amongst mortgage lenders. 

ONWARD AND UPWARD!

Message 2 of 3
jones2929
Established Member

Re: Mortgage Pulled Scores vs. Other Sites' Scores

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.   I found the positive outlook among many posters to be motivation to work hard to get to 700.   This is a great site.

You are correct, they pulled Beacon 5.0 and TU04.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.