Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Score

What is a mortgage score? I thought we just had the one score from all 3 bureaus but from what I have been reading there is a mortgage score. Please advise
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage Score

@Anonymous wrote:
What is a mortgage score? I thought we just had the one score from all 3 bureaus but from what I have been reading there is a mortgage score. Please advise

The mortgage score is a subset of a Fico year. Each major release year of Fico has a mortgage enhanced score model (along with 48 other lender specific models), currently the mortgage industry is still using Fico 04 for mortgage scores, the 3 scores on scorewatch here at My Fico are the basic Fico 08 model. I think you can get a pull of mortgage score on one or 2 bureaus with the expanded scores they are giving on single pull orders, I would not do so though until you are finished with your active credit repair in preparation for a mortgage pull.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have never heard of any of these. So I have a mortgage score even though I have never had a mortgage?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
i have never heard of any of these. So I have a mortgage score even though I have never had a mortgage?

Yes you do. Just like people can have an auto enhanced score even if they have never financed/leased a car before.  Here is a thread that goes into great detail about the different types of FICO scores:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versions-and-variations/td-p/1197617

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.