Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Sold and 0 balance decreased score 27 points

tag
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Mortgage Sold and 0 balance decreased score 27 points

This is nuts! My mortgage was sold to and old account paid off shows 0 balance now I got a alert and score dropped by 27 points this is insane! All 3 bureaus dropped roughly same amount of points!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage Sold and 0 balance decreased score 27 points

@breakthecycle wrote:
This is nuts! My mortgage was sold to and old account paid off shows 0 balance now I got a alert and score dropped by 27 points this is insane! All 3 bureaus dropped roughly same amount of points!

My first comment is congratulations on having a paid off mortgage. That's something to be very proud of.

Was this your only type of installment loan? Sometimes losing a mix of credit can trigger a small score decrease but 27 points seems a bit excessive.

Nothing else changed on your reports?

Message 2 of 6
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

It's not paid off, it was sold to another lender. The old account shows 0 new hasn't reported yet. I am going conspiracy theory on myfico now!
Message 3 of 6
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Youll actually find this to be a good thing when the new purchaser reports. You'll have two accounts that go back to the same open date helping your AAoA. In other words. Its a temporary setback that will actually help you in the future.
Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@breakthecycle wrote:
It's not paid off, it was sold to another lender. The old account shows 0 new hasn't reported yet. I am going conspiracy theory on myfico now!

I misread your post. Sorry about that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.