Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage and being AU on account with high balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage and being AU on account with high balance

Hoping someone can help. I'm an AU on my daughter's credit card with a 6500 CL and 4300 balance. I have one credit card that has a $500 CL with a balance of $10. I'm trying to get an FHA loan for a home, mid score is stuck at 585.Loan officer told me score would jump enough to get the mortgage if I paid my own cc down to less than 10 percent. So I did. Loan officer did a rapid rescore . Nothing. Score didn't move. She says that they are counting the high utilization on the card that I am AU on. Hasan tone had any real experience with taking yourself off an AU account and having a mortgage score go up? I just need that dang 15 points!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage and being AU on account with high balance

Your lender should have known that the AU account was the thing killing your utilization.  Never ceased to be amazed by the extent to which loan officers confidently issue worthless advice (pay your $500 CL down and it will solve your problem).

Certainly one can get removed as an AU, and yes in this case it will help your score a good deal, but it can often take a while.  If you are doing rapid rescores then you may be trying to be a house in the next few weeks.

Can your daughter pay the card down to $0?  That would be the best solution.  There will still need to be a rapid rescore done.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.