Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage credit pull vs Score power report on same day

tag
shorttough
New Contributor

Mortgage credit pull vs Score power report on same day

would the score be the same? as i plan on pulling mine on FEB 1st.  would like a consensus among members who already went though this process.

As Of 11/11/2016

TU-793
EQ-801
EX-754
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage credit pull vs Score power report on same day

My EQ FICO exactly matched when pulled hours apart. Virtually all use the same Beacon 5.0 FICO.

Message 2 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

My EQ FICO exactly matched when pulled hours apart. Virtually all use the same Beacon 5.0 FICO.

+1

Equifax from MYFICO is the only score that you can consider to match.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 10
shorttough
New Contributor

Just got the number for Beacon 5.0.. its 733 vs 736. 3 point discrepancy.

and got an alert after 1 day of pulling the report.. which shows 738 as a result of the inquiry.

As Of 11/11/2016

TU-793
EQ-801
EX-754
Message 4 of 10
GregB
Valued Contributor

@shorttough wrote:

Just got the number for Beacon 5.0.. its 733 vs 736. 3 point discrepancy.

and got an alert after 1 day of pulling the report.. which shows 738 as a result of the inquiry.

There will be NO discrepancy. Beacon v5.0 will be the same with the same data as it is the SAME SCORE. I'm assuming that you didn't pull a report from here on the same day so your score was not what you thought it was. Scorepower does not stay updated although it updates each time an alert is triggered.

Message 5 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Just to add has to be same day and same time retrospectively if you want a true comparison.

Good Luck
Message 6 of 10
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

I didn't pull a full report on the same day my lender did.  But my score has been stable for the past month or so and the Lender score was identical to what SW has been showing me.  I was pleasantly surprised that the two inquiries I got associated with my loan app didn't even affect my score.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 7 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

INQ dont always impact your scores.

As an example (points numbers are meaningless in this example)

1 INQ = 5 points
1-3 INQ = 8 points
3-5 INQ = 10 points

Having the INQ's on your reports still has impact with Lender decisions even though no points were an impact on your score.

Another example.

Mortgage loans. You can rate shop for mortgage rates in a specified period of time where it will only impact you scores as 1 INQ if it impacts your scores at all. But when you apply for new or additional credit those INQ will be seen and can be cause for denial.
Good Luck
Message 8 of 10
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:
INQ dont always impact your scores.

.  .  .  .  .

Mortgage loans. You can rate shop for mortgage rates in a specified period of time where it will only impact you scores as 1 INQ if it impacts your scores at all. But when you apply for new or additional credit those INQ will be seen and can be cause for denial.

True, but I was surprised that even the first inq for my refi didn't drop any pts.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 9 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Nothing surprises me any longer with scores. Just when we think we have an idea something happens and changes. Lol

Guess thats why we all discuss things based on our experiences and why we always say YMMV.
Good Luck
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.