Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage credit score question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage credit score question

So i am trying to understand what a mortgage broke would see as a credit rating .i was adived they use fico score 5 , 4 and 2, my top score fico 5 is 549 middle score is trans 607 which is fico 4 and experian 607 fico 2 is it true mortgage person would use the middle score 607?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage credit score question

@Anonymous wrote:
So i am trying to understand what a mortgage broke would see as a credit rating .i was adived they use fico score 5 , 4 and 2, my top score fico 5 is 549 middle score is trans 607 which is fico 4 and experian 607 fico 2 is it true mortgage person would use the middle score 607?

It is true that almost all mortgage lenders use the middle of your scores.  Although I didn't fully understand your post, it appears that you say that your top score is 549, and that your other two scores are 607 and 607.

If so, then it sounds like your lowest score is 549, not your top score.

As you report them, all of your scores are very low.  Nothing wrong with that, we all have to start somewhere.  But you probably should put off buying a house for a while.  Instead, if I were you, I would spend your time learning about what credit reports and credit scores are.  There's a lot of information out there to explain that, including free tools for a person who wants to start improving his reports and scores.  Once you learn the basics you will know how much work you have to do to clean up your credit profile before you can think about buying a home.

Good luck...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.