Mortgage inquires hurting my score by more than expected

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage inquires hurting my score by more than expected

All my inquires have been within a 14day period

7/12/09 EX -747 TU -761

7/17/09 EX -738 TU -738

TransUnion score had quite a drop.  Will this correct itself?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage inquires hurting my score by more than expected

Vin75 wrote:

All my inquires have been within a 14day period

7/12/09 EX -747 TU -761

7/17/09 EX -738 TU -738

TransUnion score had quite a drop.  Will this correct itself?

All mortgage and auto inquiries pulled within a 14 or 30 days window, depending on the CRA and version of FICO score used, count as one single inquiry per scoring. So, if you app'd 50 times during those 2 weeks, you are only getting hit for one of those.

Questions:

Where did you get your EX score from? A Lender? Or a credit monitoring service? If from a lender then you are on the right track. If from the latter, then you don't have a FICO score. If the TU is pulled from the same service, then that isn't a FICO score either.

If from a lender, then what are the verisons of TU FICO score used? There are two prominent FICO versions for the TU score floating out there with lenders: TU98 and TU04. Most lenders now use TU04. That score will differ from the score you pull here or by a minority of lenders, which is TU98.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage inquires hurting my score by more than expected

I had my credit file pulled by three different lenders  8/03,  8/18, & 9/24 the reports had TU-01 on it is this and accurate score? And will TU98 or TU04 have a better score? and it also said:

B-TU-01 - FACTA: Risk Score Value - The Trans Union score. was adversely affected by credit inquiries present in the credit file

My score has gone down about 26 points since the first time it was pulled in June.  How can I get my score back up in a hurry?

TU 632 8/03     EX 656 8/03

TU 604 9/24     EX 677 9/24

Message Edited by g-girl55 on 09-24-2009 06:29 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.