Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage inquiries

My loan got approved by underwriting, but made a mistake there is an inquiry on my credit report not on my cc.No new debt was added just an inquiry... Will this disqualify me on my loan...the lender day they will pull a gap report ...am I safe
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:
My loan got approved by underwriting, but made a mistake there is an inquiry on my credit report not on my cc.No new debt was added just an inquiry... Will this disqualify me on my loan...the lender day they will pull a gap report ...am I safe

What was the additional inquiry for?  You'll have to fill out a very standardized Letter of Explanation and simply put on there "did not result in a new tradeline" or something to that effect.

Will make things more complicated but it won't torpedo the mortgage app.  It's a mistake (never want the UW to take a closer look than necessary haha) to be sure but it's not a death sentence when it comes to mortgage underwriting.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.