cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage lender 1st pull or last pull will cause the 5 point drop??? H E L P PLEASE!

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Mortgage lender 1st pull or last pull will cause the 5 point drop??? H E L P PLEASE!

Hi I have a good question.  I understand when lender pulls credit there is a 5 point drop.  When do I lose the 5pts is it with the initial report? Does it already reflect on the printed report on that day or will it refelct after the two week period of applying is over.  The reason why I ask is because my middle score is very close to 640 and I can not afford to drop immediately.

Smiley SadH E L P

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage lender 1st pull or last pull will cause the 5 point drop??? H E L P PLEASE!

So that there's a fair comparison had you had multiple apps with different lenders (aka rate shopping), FICO will delay any potential score impact of any inquiry and will delay that ding until after the duplication window expires. That window varies by FICO version used by your lender but it generally is 14-45 days with most versions 30 or 45 days. 

Not all inquiries will drop your FICO though. Most of my lender pulls resulted on no FICO drop. At time of my mortgage app, my EQ FICO dropped 3 at the end of 30 days with no other changes.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.